• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

growing in spurts?

camb

5 Year Member
do tegus grow in spurts. jello grew nearly 5 inches in a month, but this month and a half she only grew about 2.5 inches. is this bad? no habits seemed to have changed. I am feeding her as much as she will eat about 5 days out of the week is this ok? should i feed her more often?

mr.tegu

5 Year Member
yes tegs do grow in spurts and if your teg grew 5 inches in a month then i would say your doing a good job, also remember that every tegus growth rate is different, i see on here all the time that people tell other people there tegus are sick, or not warm enough, or not feeding wright, because theirs is bigger and same age,this is not true, i have a 2 year old son thats the size of a 4 year old and that does not mean that every other 2 year olds parents are doing somthing wrong so keep up the good work!!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mr.tegu said:
i have a 2 year old son thats the size of a 4 year old and that does not mean that every other 2 year olds parents are doing somthing wrong so keep up the good work!!!!
We've got one of those!! Now he's 9, 4ft 10" and 120 lbs!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan