• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Greetings from Virginia

ClarkeReptile

5 Year Member
Greetings! My name is Jay and I currently live in Virginia with my husband. I am almost 22 years old. We have four cats, a dachshund, four ferrets, one cockatiel, 9 ball pythons, 2 corn snakes, and a red tail boa. We also have some mice for breeding.

I am interested in getting a tegu in the next year or two and I want to get as much information as I can on them before going out and getting one. I will have a lot of questions so I apologize ahead of time.

ClarkeReptile

5 Year Member
You can't tell me that! Now I'll be bugging my husband for the next few months. We currently live with my mother in law and while she is allowing us to have our current animals, she doesn't want us to get any more. So it's either convince her to let me get a tegu or we move out this summer into our own place, which we want to do anyway.

The more I look at tegus and the more I read about them, the more I want one. I just read through your thread on all those blue tegu babies. They are so adorable!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ClarkeReptile said:
You can't tell me that! Now I'll be bugging my husband for the next few months. We currently live with my mother in law and while she is allowing us to have our current animals, she doesn't want us to get any more. So it's either convince her to let me get a tegu or we move out this summer into our own place, which we want to do anyway.

The more I look at tegus and the more I read about them, the more I want one. I just read through your thread on all those blue tegu babies. They are so adorable!
Thanks!! Tegu's really are great!! If you get one of Bobby's B&W's it may go into hibernation a few weeks after you get it and keep the size down until next year. The Blue's don't hibernate but they breed later. Our did it in August last year, hatch in October. Hopefully they'll cooperate this year!

More stuff to think about!!

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
welcome aboard! glad you are here, i have yet to get my first tegu myself. i came here to learn all i could about them. this is a great place and it's filled with a lot of great info. have fun learning!

Beasty

5 Year Member
:welc
You are most definitely in the right place for tegu research!

Bobby has tons of tegus baking in the incubator and breeding right now so if you can figure out your way to keep one, now's the time! He will have all sorts of variety and Dave might get lucky again this year later on.
I have some from both and they are awesome for sure!
I also have a hybrid Blue x Red that is starting to show even more white now with a very light powder blue tint to it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan