• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Greetings from my little pet shop

fakeplasticlulu

5 Year Member
Well not really a pet shop but I have a little of everything. Just got my first Tegu a couple weeks ago after lots of research (tons of good info from this forum, thanks guys!). She's just a little B&W that I'm working on fattening up. The shop wasn't feeding her nearly enough :(

I also have a 90g tank with a couple South American Cichlids and huge Tire Track eel, 2 huge fur machines (Newfoundland and Great Pyrenees), 2 Chinchillas, 1 amazing senior rabbit, albino pacman frog, 50/50 cal kingsnake.. I feel like I'm forgetting someone? hmm..

If I get a chance I'll add pics of everyone later.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning as much as I can here!

-Hannah

Schnab

5 Year Member
Welcome! Ask as many questions as you need, there's always someone here who'll answer with great information.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Welcome! You will learn to love this site for all of its information and simply learn new facts everytime you come onto it. By the way, chinchillas are awesome.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PICT0009-2.jpg

fakeplasticlulu

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone! I will say that my experience with chinchillas has actually helped with gaining Lulu's trust. They're similar animals in the way that it's best to ignore them and wait til their curiosity gets the best of them and have them come to you. Chinchillas HATE being ignored after they know you arent a threat. Thankfully my little lady was already used to being handled but I still waited until she wandered over to my hand before i gently scooped her up the first few days. pictures will have to wait again. Bed time!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I used to breed Chins. Fun little buggers.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=334&view=unread#unread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=41&t=334&view=unread#unread</a><!-- l -->

ashesc212

5 Year Member
fakeplasticlulu said:
Thanks everyone! I will say that my experience with chinchillas has actually helped with gaining Lulu's trust. They're similar animals in the way that it's best to ignore them and wait til their curiosity gets the best of them and have them come to you. Chinchillas HATE being ignored after they know you arent a threat. Thankfully my little lady was already used to being handled but I still waited until she wandered over to my hand before i gently scooped her up the first few days. pictures will have to wait again. Bed time!

Yep, I second that. I have all my animals in one room. When I'm hanging out with the lizards the chinchillas can see and they come running to the edge of the cage and make a big deal until I come give them attention.

The only thing is that I have never learned to apply that to the tegu....he's too irresistable hahahaha

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ashesc212 said:
fakeplasticlulu said:

Yep, I second that. I have all my animals in one room. When I'm hanging out with the lizards the chinchillas can see and they come running to the edge of the cage and make a big deal until I come give them attention.

The only thing is that I have never learned to apply that to the tegu....he's too irresistable hahahaha
I have the same problem with our new 3ft Cuban Rock Iguana. I'm always taking to him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.