• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

great start

RobK.

so far he has been eating like a pig and not shaked his head , not even one time . Both while eating in his inside and his ouside cage . :D It been over a month and a half since he's ate normaly . I hope this is the begining of the end of this problem . This week i will be running some power to the green hous so i can put him in there this winter . I can open the top of the green house and let sunlight in and have heat lamps to boost the heat if needed .

RobK.

he ate like a pig all day and did not shake his head once . I hope tomorrow is the same .
Maro1 said:
Rob. How about a picture of your greenhouse setup?

IMG]http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/Rkempton/P1010040.jpg[/IMG]

the green house has large vents/panels on the top that can be opened alowing the sun to shin through . I also have a wood shed that i may insulate and add a removable roof to open opened .

P1010040.jpg

Maro1

Nice setup! It still looks somewhat warm and green there Rob. Here in Iowa the leaves are gone and we are in the 40"s. That would be a warm sunny place for the Rhino. Glad to hear he is doing better. Hope he just continues to climb into better health.

Maro1

RobK.

Maro1 said:
Nice setup! It still looks somewhat warm and green there Rob. Here in Iowa the leaves are gone and we are in the 40"s. That would be a warm sunny place for the Rhino. Glad to hear he is doing better. Hope he just continues to climb into better health.

Maro1

That photos is months old . we are now having forst and cooler weather .going to be in thelow 20's next week and a high of 40's .

today was not a good day , as he was shaking and scratchinghis head as he tried to eat . just as bad as he did a months ago . do sure whar going on . I put tile over rempved linoleum just to make sure there are not any fumes coming from the glue on the bottom of the linoleumandput down tile. Not sure what going on with him . ??

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that Robk,do you think he could be allergic to something hes eating?I know it might sound like a crazy question but i guess you never know.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think that could be a possibility teguboy. Allergies can make people/animals react really strangely.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Well i mean all the test the vet gave it and everything seems normal.But i guess it could be a food allergy,id try to change its diet and see what happens you never know its worth a shot.[/align]

RobK.

I e=maile his vet , telling her about his good day then getting worse .

here is her answer ''

'' Progress is so slow with these reptiles, and that amount of food
consumption could have increased his metabolism enough to set off some inflammation, but he still seems to be on the right track.

Dr laura Harris ''

so he started all this because of inflamation and stoped eating . Now him eating is starting inflamtion ???

RobK.

collards greens , watercress , green beans , okra , acorn squash , papaya , a grape every other day , green bell pepper . dandelion leaves .

i removed plexi glass and added screen to help with ventilation added another chi that to bump up the heat with the screen . the oil filled heater will keep it 80-81 all night , humidity will be 45-55 . Today was a bad day for him he's been shaking his head even when NOT eating or lowering his head , and hid all afternoon . i could hear him hitting his head against the wall as he shook his head . I stopped giving him i tortoise chow a few days ago and also watercress to rule those out . but he's got worse . many times when he shook his head today fluid came out both nostrils and you could tell he's in pain not just irritated and sneezing a ton . its going on a month and a half and he's worse , if he keeps getting worse and does not show improvement soon i will have him put down . tonight and the next few days i will keep the temp higher than and normal . just encase he got a cold on top of everything else, while he was out side . I had plenty oh heat on him out there . so i don't know . He full and been eating good , but this afternoon he took a turn for the worse , way worse .:huh::(

RobK.

yesterday and today were good days for Roni . He ate well , still shook his he a little , but he's full and ready to pop !! :)

RobK.

another good day .he was very active and was begging at the screen while i preparing his food . I am keeping a record of temps and humidity and food to see what up on his good days . Today his humidity was in the 45-55 % range , same at night . heat is 86 -88 and basking area was 90 on one area and 115 on his log . Last night the low in his cage was 82 - 83 . yesterday and today he ate , green beans , collards greens , and just a very little watercress and acorn squash and summer squash on top . a little rep-cal iguana food and mazuri T.C. sprinkled on top . also while he was at the vet i put tile in-place of linoleum and a few days ago i removed the plexi glass and added a rubberised screen ( its tough ) to increase air flow . The Walgreen humidifier is on only at night and during the day a room humidifier is used . I also have small fan that circulates the air in the room. Next week i will be replacing the double pain metal frame window in his room , with PVC . I am getting too much moister on the steel frame window , with the humidity and being cold outside .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.