• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Got my Chinese water dragons!!

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Got a pair of Chinese water dragons, about 13-15". They look great,beautiful colors and all! Just thought i'd share my excitement. And of course pics will be up very soon

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
So here they are.... they just got under the light,both seem too be getting greener and showing some blues the more they warm up.

Dragon 1,(Calcium powder on his head)

Dragon 2,

The cage is, 2'x2'x5'.. (width is actually off a bit due to a bad cut)... i got lazy half way through decorating and didn't install the filter for the water dish yet and still have a load of plants and vines too put in.

And yes of course this is a grow out cage.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wow! Very nice! Congrats on the two beautiful new additions!
When we have some time, let's talk more about that Water Dragon Forum site

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
TeguBuzz said:
Looks great! I look forward to seeing them grow.

Thanks!

Josh said:
Wow! Very nice! Congrats on the two beautiful new additions!
When we have some time, let's talk more about that Water Dragon Forum site

Thanks,and yeah we should,i've been asking around and a lot of folks definitely seem interested!

dragonmetalhead said:
Very nice! Congrats on your new additions and the best of luck with your dragons. Keep us updated.

Thanks and will do :)!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They look good Strange and so does the cage. How big do these things get?

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
james.w said:
They look good Strange and so does the cage. How big do these things get?

Males are quite a bit larger than females and as Strange said, about two-thirds to three-quarters of the length is tail. I've never seen a female water dragon much more than two feet, but a big male can hit 40 inches if well fed. The one they have at Zoo Med is a monster and makes Kodo look petite by comparison.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Thanks, here are some more pics

Attachments

• Brooklyn-20111223-00177.jpg
    Brooklyn-20111223-00177.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • Brooklyn-20111226-00203.jpg
    Brooklyn-20111226-00203.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
They have such vibrant colors. Might I recommend investing Zilla's Tropical Mist? I found it made my water dragon Gandy's color really pop, and she seemed to enjoy being sprayed every morning. I love the pool setup you have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hweikel