• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Got my BABY YESTERDAY!

povmichael123

5 Year Member
Finally I got my new well teenage looking Argentine yesterday. He is just wonderful everybody loves him and he is very alert. I just have one question about feeding, are lizards just like snakes and need time to warm up before they feed? and should i feed him twice a day once in the afternoon and then later in the evening?

povmichael123

5 Year Member
yes he is under a year. But i have tried to feed him today and he shows no interest at all should i just try again later?

povmichael123

5 Year Member
Sounds good I offered him some scrambled eggs with some chicken meal. Is this ok the guy i got him from said he loved eggs. I also was going to try and offer him some king meal worms and some mice maybe?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are his basking temps (surface, not ambient)?? If he's not warm enough he may not want to eat.

Try some raw ground turkey, chicken liver/hearts, tilapia (fish). Rodents only once a week, too much fur can can impaction (as I've experienced).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.