• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Got him back

RobK.

The vet said to leave him alone for 3 months as he was very very wild at her place . BUT on the way home i bought him some greens but a towel on my dash board in the sun he seemed to love the sun and he ate . Not mean bone in his body . He's never been on my dash boards . He still shook his head a little and scratched his right ear though . He did pig out and eat some fruit banana and papaya when he got home and a little repcal iguana food . BUT no a lot of change with the head shaking and scratching after all the meds $$$$$ and being at the vet for three weeks .:huh: Also when i put a bowl of iguana food in front of him with out the water being drained he sat there a drank every drop of water before touching the food . I put more water in there three times and he drained it .he never drank from a bowl before. I think he came home a little dehydrated . And this is the best reptile and exotic vet in Utah :huh:

BillieJeAn

At least he's safe and sound at the moment. Hopefully he'd just a weirdo (haha) and shakes his head and stuff when he eats.
I'm sorry you've spent so much money and the problem hasn't been fixed, that's discouraging.
I wish you luck with him!

spidersandmonsters

I wonder if it's possible, after the actual infection or whatever it is in his ear goes away, that he may still act a little funny when he eats just because it's been so long since he's had a comfortable meal... is he still shaking as bad? Does he seem to be getting any better at all? Tis whole story is just so sad :/

RobK.

spidersandmonsters said:
I wonder if it's possible, after the actual infection or whatever it is in his ear goes away, that he may still act a little funny when he eats just because it's been so long since he's had a comfortable meal... is he still shaking as bad? Does he seem to be getting any better at all? Tis whole story is just so sad :/

yes he does seem a little better . He is more active , moving from his basking area , and back and forth . Just not esting well . when i put his bowl of food in his cage he jumped down from his basking area and ran to the bowl and started eating right next to my hand . But he ate very little as something is still bothering his right ear .

RobK.

Today was a good day for him . he stayed outside most fo the day today in his outdoor cage . I place a whole bundle of Watercress in his cage and watched him eat the whole thing , he also ate a bunch of papaya , grapes and banana , green beens and okra . This spring i will add to his outdoor cage and make it 3x or 4x the size . Its a 30'' x30'' rabbit cage and i can add one , two or more cages to it . it has good indooor out door carpet and i soak it , so the humidity is higher 50's. I have three domes with 100 watt bulbs on top or extra heat . Its 110 on his rock and also his basking area and in the high 80's in the rest of the cage , even thuogh it only in the 60's outside . The cage is on the south facing wall of our home and warm . You can't beat real sun light , you should see how bluesh green he turns .

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That's great news Rob. Hopefully it is a sign of good things to come.

RobK.

james.w said:
That's great news Rob. Hopefully it is a sign of good things to come.

He's had two good days in a row as far as eating and pooping . He went to bet with a very big tummy tonight . I hope he does the same each day from here on out . I have a elk hunt planed next month but i will only hunt when my son is off for two days . My main focus is getting Roni well and i want to get him outside as much as i can . The elk hunt can wait another year , Roni can't . If the weather is bad then i will go on day hunts leaving after Roni is fed . Everything is in timers . I hope the weather is good for a little longer ,as i want Roni well and feel getting him in the sun is the best thing he needs .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan