• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

good news on my babe and another question

G

hello eveybody

*first of all, i wana thank to all the people who taught me on how to treat mbd!

after i ve been treating my redÃ?¯Ã?¼Ã?â?? who got mbdÃ?¯Ã?¼Ã?â?? for more than one month, he s getting much better!
now he eats a lot and moves, even tho he still cant support his body for the whole time while he s walking . but the provement is very obviouse and glad to see.
he sheded once about 3weeks ago, and now he s shedding again.

but there s still one thing confuses me a little bit. cuz there s this hump on his back (see the pix plz). one of my friends told me it may becuz of the over used calcium, but it appeared about 1 or 2 weeks before i started treating him, and now its still there.
so im wandering is it gona disappear after he gets totaly healed or it ll be there for ever?...

plz let me know what u guys think, and i ll be very appreciate with any helpful information.

thanks a ton!!

Xian

Attachments

• asdf.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 2
  • a.jpg
    515 bytes · Views: 2

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
alot of animals wiht MBD tend to huntch up in the back. Although i can no see the pictures i am guessing thats what happen. This is a deformative he will have for the rest of his life most likly. This happens when the vertibrae in his ba became weak and simply folded. Most of the time if back legs are still mobile there is no nerve damage and the animals have a relativly normal life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214