• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Good Deal?

ierowe

5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazonreptilecenter.com/popup.php3?id=2880">http://www.amazonreptilecenter.com/popup.php3?id=2880</a><!-- m -->

I found these Tegus locally and was wondering if they are argentine or columbian.

Thanks

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The sample picture looks like an Argentine. That price is kind of low, probably one of Bert's "farmed" Tegu's. If you can wait until next summer you might be better off buying one of Bobby's. Or you could own a piece of "history" one of the last Tegu's Bert produced.

ierowe

5 Year Member
Yeah I thought the price was low and that made me wonder if they might be Columbian. Is there something wrong with "farmed" Tegus?
It is still summer here 104 today in so cal.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There is nothing wrong with farmed tegu. You may run into bumps in the road with possible parasites and taming issues. They lack the selective breeding for color, calmness, size etc. a CBB tegu like Bobby's would have that's all. My first T. merianae I paid $75. If your happy with the price, business and animal I'd say buy it.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bobby's are bred for color and disposition. Go to his website and compare his pics to the one you're looking at. But if you just want a Tegu there may not be enough difference to justify waiting almost a year. Bert "mass produced" 3000-4000 Tegu's per year, I doubt many of them were handled at all. But he's gone now and his passing will result in the market have maybe half the amount of Tegu's available next year. Supply and demand may raise the prices.

ierowe

5 Year Member
Wow!! Is there none to take his place(business)?
Thanks again for all the info. I am havin a blast with all the info you guys are "giving".

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bert's son have been trying to sell the business and the animals but I'm afraid many of them may die before that happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan