• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

FYI, on introducing food to baby tegu in feed box

bella60407

5 Year Member
This was just soemthing that happened by chance and seems to be working very well. I went to get my crickets from the storage bin in garage and forgot about the frost last night, so they were all...hybernating? Well i started to warm them up then realize my tegu will eat them even while they are "stunned" so I put them in his feed bowl with his fruit and he finally ate the crickets in his feed box. :app I know sometimes people have same troubles I did so thought this might help.

Jer723

5 Year Member
so what, you let the crickets almost freeze? and he still ate them, thats cool thanx man. maybe now my parents wont "bug" about having bugs in the house,

PS no pun intended

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I went to get my crickets from the storage bin in garage and forgot about the frost last night, so they were all...hybernating?

The cold temperatures slowed there metabolism to the point where they go dormant. It's a last ditch effort to save them selves before they would die from the temps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me