• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Furniture Reconstruction

bshortt87

So I am mapping out a few ideas for a tegu enclosure that involve a 3x4x4 wooden desk. My basic idea right now is to extend the base by 1.5 to 2ft with plywood. Use the base of the drawer side as a pull out pool for easy changing and water taming, and use the elevation from the drawer to the base of the enclose as a hide box area. The far side of the enclosure would be the sun spot and hot rock. I would seal the open area above the base with glass or plexiglass glass (sugtestions?) Current questions would be: lighting ideas? Screen or solid wood roofing? Any specific type of sealant? Appreciate the feedback!

chris00144

5 Year Member
Should post a picture and what type of plywood need to make sure it's somewhat water resistant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justin

5 Year Member
Use a plywood roof, don't know how well the drawer will work once it has substrate added. Most people use basement sealer for the wood to waterproof it. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head though. Remember you will need to allow for 1 ft of substrate once your tegu is large enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu