• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Frog and Polly Wogs

Two Bananas Marinade

5 Year Member
I was wondering about breeding frogs for food for my tegu when He arrives. I live in So cal and not sure yet if I can just go out and collect some and then breed those. The only thing in Ca not protected are humans I think. Kick a dog Go to jail, Shoot a person and go to Starbucks. lol

Any info on breeding frogs would be appreciated. I am currently researching that too.

Thanks

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
I don't think It would be very effective. The largest frogs in socal are pretty small. Would most likely take a few years to mature. Then lay eggs once a year. The tadpoles are tiny and take one month-2 years to mature. then most socal frogs are so small you can fit four on a penny when they first change.... not to mention all the food and time put into raising them.

Is that really worth it? I don't think so.... and you have to be careful because most if not all socal toads (maybe some frogs) are at least slightly toxic when eaten.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu