• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

FRESH from the Varnyard! Dial-up warning PIX!

Beasty

5 Year Member
Today I got my pair of Extremes!
They arrived safe and sound at 10:40am and by this afternoon had settled into their temporary housing until after hibernation. Each ate a mouse hopper and are still "baking it off" right now!
They're some awesome looking critters but I'll let you judge for yourself! Thanks so much Bobby!!

Nice packaging!
box2.jpg

Female pix
girl2.jpg

girl3.jpg

girl1.jpg

Male pix
male2.jpg

male3.jpg

malecrop1sm.jpg

malehead.jpg

Together
pairtote.jpg

pair.jpg

Expect more pix to come until they bed back down for the winter!
Hopefully I'll get a couple weeks or so with them before then.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Awesome! Both are gonna be good looking Gu's when they get older. Are these your first tegu's?

Beasty

5 Year Member
Thanks! I got a "Chacoan" white head phase a few years ago from Bert so this isn't my first. I've had many monitors and iguanas over the years so I'm familiar at this point.(also just recently had a high contrast red tegu) I'm just thinking about how to arrange all the enclosures for these big animals I'm going to have in the not so distant future. I have the room and resources, just to figure it out at this point. I've got plenty of cage space (approx.3x6x3) for these guys into the next year though.(provided my water monitor sells!)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are looking like they have a great home, thanks for sharing the pics. :)

Beasty

5 Year Member
They're up and about!
I got a few shots of them today after finally waking up from hibernation since mid October. They had a soak but neither wanted to eat yet.

Male: 16 1/2 inches.
male3-27-09-2.jpg

sleepyboy32709.jpg

m32709head.jpg

Female: 14 1/2 inches
fem3-27-09.jpg

fem3-27-09-2.jpg

Both full shot:
yenyang.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I can't wait to see them by the end of the summer, they are looking awesome, even with needing a shed.

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Haha...Beasty....he has many tegu thread going so I was just wondering...I know he has one of Dave's blues and two extremes...one hybrid blue/red...

Beasty

5 Year Member
Yep. Baby makes 4!

YES! I am soo happy they are now up! It's been since like mid October when I last saw them up and about. Spending $100s on a box of mulch was not the intention but I knew it would happen eventually I just thought I'd get more than like 10 days with 'em! SO, I had a chance to get one of Dave's blues(that tend to not fully hibernate) for my tegu "jones" while the pair sleeps all winter. I also JUST got a hybrid redXblue this week. New baby makes 4 and the largest of them is only 26 inches. I got a bit of building to do but I'm up for it. :-D

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds like me, lol. 1 turned into 3, then 5 and now many, lol, dang tegu bug. :)

Beasty

5 Year Member
Guilty as charged!
My new 100W Mega Ray just came in! I mean the mail man just walked away from my door. Right on time! I had one already but with all these lizards I needed more. This fresh one is going on the extremes as soon as the heat lamp chills down.
The lil girl is not looking good at all really. She was a tiny bit thin to hibernate and woke her up during the winter to find her a bit thinner. She drank a lot and filled back out for the rest of hibernation but she's not interested in food and needs to eat bad! She's way skinny to be in my bunch. We gotta fatten her up and I'm hoping this bulb helps to kick in the feeding response. Her boyfriend just ate a hopper ASF for me, off tongs no less, and was NOT shy about downing it in front of me either but she can't be bothered. :chin

Beasty

5 Year Member
Girly face ate for me yesterday! She had a few bites of turkey and tore the legs off a couple roaches after chasing them around a bit. I thought maybe they were too big for her(or she thought they were) so I put in some bite sized and she ignored them. I think maybe by that point she was worn out from chasing them. Though she didn't eat much it made me feel a lot better and she has a fuller look now. I was kinda buggin because she hadn't eaten much before hibernation and her sides were sinking in. Much better! 8)

The boy chomped on a couple roaches but didn't eat them, he did take down another ASF hopper though and he's looking satiated now.

Enter the clean-up crew:
I broke out my little Ackies after everybody had a chance at the turkey and roaches. The one larger remaining live roach still had a few legs left and caught the attention of the male and he stuffed it down his throat! It was bigger than his head!! :shock: Such a pig! The girl took one of the smaller roaches and nobody paid any attention to the ASF pinkie at all. Reprieve from the Gov'na. ;)

Beasty

5 Year Member
New updated pix!

These are from 6-30-09:

"Female"
Xfsm63009-1.jpg

Xfsm63009-2.jpg

Xfsm63009-4.jpg

She offered to bite me and/or the camera! Neither was happy about the photo shoot, otherwise I would have gotten better pix. Oh well.
Xfsm63009-5.jpg

"Male"
Xmsm63009-2.jpg

Xmsm63009.jpg

Xmsm63009-3.jpg

How's THAT for a white head?!! 8)
Xmsm63009-5.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members