• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Found the best tegu ever, but I have some problems

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do any of your friends have a Tegu? If so maybe you could have your friend over to introduce your parents to a Tegu. As long as it's behaved! That on top of your already built enclosure might seal the deal. Good luck!

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
thanks, but why do you smell trouble?
only one of my friend owns a tegu, but it's a columbian, and it is the meanest little critter on the face of this planet, my other friend owns a baby savannah monitor, but they already said no to that after the amount of rodents they eat
a red tegu is perfect for me

playlboi

5 Year Member
you come from the same boat i come from koreandeathkid. being asian myself, my parents aren't too pleased with my fondness of the reptilian friends. but over the years, they've grown accustomed to it. i mean i have it, but they never see it. only when i bring them out while watching tv or hanging around. all i can say is that it takes time.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yea, I hope it works out, it might be easier if it was a younger animal, that would be a softer blow than the full grown adult.

dorton

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:
Yea, I hope it works out, it might be easier if it was a younger animal, that would be a softer blow than the full grown adult.

Thats the plan with my little one, my wife thinks all reptiles look mean.
Especially tegus, "they look evil" she says.
If I keep showing him to her every few days, she doesn't realize how big he will be in a year or so.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
i don't think no animals look evil in opinion, and playboi, where in asia do you come from, and what kind of reptiles do you own? i guess every body is different, and your parents are at least okay with you owning reptiles, but my parents just doesn't like the whole idea, but i still don't know why they gave me a reptile room, and now i have to fill it up to replace 20 hamsters i had before i moved, and plan on doing this by getting a big animal, such as the red tegu

playlboi

5 Year Member
oh, i don't live anywhere on the asian continent. i am vietnamese descent. but i live in the states. it's pretty cool your parents gave you a reptile room, shows that they at least allow you some freedom. i don't think they mind you buying such a large lizard, but i think maybe they are just worried about all the money you'd spend on it? i currenly own 2 tegus, 1 jackson chameleon, 1 leopard gecko, and i just recently purchased a baby green iguana.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980