• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Found Lost Tegu

lren

5 Year Member
we purchased our Tegu Sally in Oct. 08, shortly after halloween we came home to find her missing from her cage. We looked everywhere for her with no luck. The middle of last week our downstairs neighbor alerted us to noises he had been hearing in his ceiling and we went down to see what it was. Sure enough first tile we moved she was right there looking at us. She'd been in our floor for 4 months(we live on the 3rd floor and keep our apartment around 75degs). The neighbor also said he'd been finding stray crickets in his apartment, not too suprising. She was very thirsty when we got her. we set her up in a 50 gal tank(3'x18"x18") with a 100w infared bulb, 10.0 uvb bulb, and an under tank heater. We keep her on a cypress mulch with humidity above 70%. We added about a dozen or so crickets (dusted with calcium and worm guard). The next day there were a few less crickets and fecal matter with calcium deposit. She has great looking eyes, toes, tail, mouth and vent. she has a bit of what looks like scarring on her back(grey patches almost) i'm also worrying about MBD. She hasn't grown since we lost her, but she also doesn't look like she has lost much weight either. I'd like to hear what anyone has to say. Thanks.
1001277.th.jpg

1001275.th.jpg

crimsonrazac

5 Year Member
Wow, Thats great that you found him/her, I wonder if Its been hiberating till this week ...

I can't tell much from the pictures sorry :(

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think she will be fine, she just slept the whole time, just as she would do in her hide hibernating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.