• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Fish?

Adam87

5 Year Member
I was woundering in i put some Goldfish in a water bowl would my tegu eat them and is it good for them?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Goldfish aren't very healthy for them. There are much better choices to feed them. I'll admit, I tried it with Guru once lol (before I knew). He didn't know what to do when they were in water, he would bite at the bowl but didn't really seem to understand how to get the fish. I took the fish out and once they started flopping around he went right for 'em.

Kebechet

Goldfish are BAD for any animal to eat. They contain a chemical that can kill your animal over time. If you want to feed fish, feed salmon, tilapia, or swai. I've also fed canned sardines, though only as a treat.

Adam87

5 Year Member
thanks for the info i can see if having trouble catching them as well... hes not the brighest crayon in the box i mean he was trying to eat my very large hydrometer the other day after he just ate haha

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
My Kodo absolutely LOVES silversides. He can eat over a dozen at a time. If he isn't interested in food, putting a fish or two in the dish gets his attention real quick.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I used cichlids with mine. His gotten better at it now, he'll get in her tub now to get them. I think he perfers the crawfish however. But like everyone else said, no to goldfish they are very sick animals and often contain some nasty stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980