• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Fire in Cage

sage

I recently had a fire in my tegu terrarium. It lit up half of the six foot aquarium and spider webbed the whole end. I think it was from the 60 watt ceramic shorting out because the 125 watt halogen was still on and working fine. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this issue before because I see no signs of something broken. (The tegu managed to stay out of the fire and is unharmed )

thatoneguy

That's pretty scary. I was lucky one day I was in my reptile room interacting with my iguana, and the uvb light started making funny noises and started smoking, luckily I was there and able to turn it off before it burst into flames, no idea what caused it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029