• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Finally, here comes my tegu!

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, after being too patient for a little over two months, I am about to receive my tegu. It is supposedly being sent out this Wednesday! I am really stoked. As soon as I get her, I will upload pics.

Oh, and Bobby, thank you sooo much for helping me out with the situation.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DZLife said:
Well, after being too patient for a little over two months, I am about to receive my tegu. It is supposedly being sent out this Wednesday! I am really stoked. As soon as I get her, I will upload pics.

Oh, and Bobby, thank you sooo much for helping me out with the situation.

Not a problem, I was more than glad to help!! :)

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Right now, the biggest problem is that I still have Mike's 2 tegus...he still hasn't picked them up XD

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh, and I before long will have a wooden 8 x 3.5 x 3.5 custom built for her....just like the one that Mike just had made. Complete with fixtures, wheels on the bottom for easy relocation, closeable air vents, a locking lid; the whole shebang!
I wonder if Mike has posted pics yet.....

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
8x3.5x3.5 won't fit through a standard door in one piece... a detail that I've seen screw up some otherwise impressive projects

I work with a guy who built an airplane in a garage... then had to remove the wings to get it out... then had to hire someone to reattach the wings as he couldn't get them to line up right the second time around... cost him 3 weeks and several thousand dollars because of such a simple oversight.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Toby_H said:
8x3.5x3.5 won't fit through a standard door in one piece... a detail that I've seen screw up some otherwise impressive projects

I work with a guy who built an airplane in a garage... then had to remove the wings to get it out... then had to hire someone to reattach the wings as he couldn't get them to line up right the second time around... cost him 3 weeks and several thousand dollars because of such a simple oversight.

I don't need to worry about that, as the enclosure will be in the garage. :D Easier to regulate the temps in there, along with the fact that I don't have crap space in the house.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Don't lie....you don't want Mike to come back and get his tegu's!!! Haha 3 is better than 1! Good luck with the new comer.

angelrose

5 Year Member
LOL. if he doesn't pick them up by tonight, keep them. :lol:

the only thing better than 1 tegu is 3.

CONGRATS, can't wait to see the pics. and include your ball pythons too.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Guess what...I figured out that the babies were imports...I mean, think about it. It is too early for babies to be hatching in florida.

Change of plans again....this time is hopefully the last time.

I will be getting a full refund from Ray Goushaw.
I will be getting two Chacoans (a male and a female) from last year's clutches (Bobby's stock.) A user on here is selling them to me.

One of these tegus will immediately be given to Mike (the mod.) He will be paying half of what the guy is charging me.
I will be keeping the female, and he will be keeping the male, as I don't currently have room for anything more than an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 enclosure, which is big enough for a full grown female, but not for a male.
I will post pics asap. Oh, and I will go get a pic of my Ball Python, Squishy, right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan