• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Few New Pics

DMBizeau

Been awhile since I posted any new pics so here ya go.

fd65dbc5.jpg

be7ffbc8.jpg

2bd51b30.jpg

efa34167.jpg

DMBizeau

I haven't checked in awhile, I know he is well over 4 foot now but he hasn't been eating as much as usual this winter.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Do you house the two together? If so, any issues with that? I'm getting ready to throw Aesop and Francis in the same cage (in a month or so--she has some poundage to put on first) and want the transition to go as smoothly as possible.

DMBizeau

I did when they were smaller, but I don't any more. I came home 3-4 months ago to find Hannibal chasing all the females around the enclosure biting the base of their tails and their necks so I separated them. The problem being your male will be ready to breed well before your female is, and he won't understand why he in the mood and she isn't. Thorn is getting close enough to be able to breed, but I have no interest in that many babies at this point. All the more reason to keep them separate. I had no problem keeping my blues with Thorn though. As long as they are the same sex and close to the same size. If they are a pair you will have to separate them eventually.

DMBizeau

They would do ok soaking in the bathtub together, but I haven't let them interact at all recently. I have brought Hannibal to a couple volunteer events we do and he isnt bothered at all by other reptiles, and he is completely oblivious to our dogs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980