• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

fertilizer?

hoosier

5 Year Member
well my dad decided to put some fertilizer down a couple weeks ago while i was at work and not tell me. it has rained alot(its flooding pretty bad in some places) but i took my tegu out today and just roam the yard and didnt find out till after i put hiim back inside. heres my question: do i need to worry? i kept a close watch on him and he didnt eat anything. just pooped. lol
any opinions are welcome. im kinda worried at the momment. :shhe

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I dont see why it would hurt him.. as long as he wasnt eatting anything you shouldnt have to worry.. Just keep and eye on him for the next week or so.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I do not think you have anything to worry about, if it rained it probably all washed into the ground.

nat

5 Year Member
what kind of fertilizer was it ? "fertalizers" can range from natural organic material to harsh chemicals (at least that has been my experience working in agricultural sectors). I am sure it is safe as most fertilzers purcahased for home use is usually so... especially with people's children, etc running around. Check the packaging, it usually lists instructions if people / animals need to stay away, and if so, for how long.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont