• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Female not nesting

Ujarak

Well i paired up two of my reds this year and as far as i can tell the female is gravid. She is moody and very nervous around me, her appetite has doubled and has gotten very round around the middle. About a month after having them together she seemed to be moving the nesting material around and into sort of a pile so i pulled out my male and let her do her thing. Only problem is that since pulling him out she has stopped nesting completely. Its been about 2 weeks or so and her eating is starting to slow down and her belly almost drags on the ground so I'm assuming she is getting ready to lay soon but should i be worried that she hasn't made a nest? Also this is the first year i have bred her.

Shes in a 8x4x3 enclosure with a 48in reptiglo t8 10.0, 105 basking and 78 cool side. Humidity ranges between 65%-75%

This is her
23t3v35.jpg

Here is my male (had a stub tail loooong before i got him)
5al44o.jpg

naturboy87

well thats tuff but Purl was just like that she started nest making then stoped then stoped eating and bam 44 eggs under the drasor ... wan she stops eating get reddy . dus she have a nesting box ? and she will aculy fill her throte up with water and carry in in to the nest to add moustar befor laying them wherever she likes best .
im no expert just frum my persanal experences ....

Ujarak

Yeah i have a nesting area and got my incubator set up and everything so i should be prepared if and when she lays. Just figured id ask to see if anyone had some insite :)

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think gravid females are going to do what they feel comfortable doing. If she doesn't like the nesting stuff you have provided, she may not use it. Try a big box, some straw, hay, etc. She what she likes. The instinct is strong and she will find a place to lay. I felt like that with my female this year...is she laying/not laying/laying. Then she finally completed her nest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029