• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Female AA

WildlifeLover429

Hey everyone I ordered a male All American from Bobby this year and now I'm wondering if i should get a female. Do any members have a female AA? If so can you post pics? I heard females tend to get a little testy is this true, How are their temperaments?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Not if you plan on breeding, the all americans all come from 1 pair, thus all being siblings, as far as aggression, female are just as docile as the males, its only during breeding season when they are protecting their nest(only if they were bred) will they get aggressive

WildlifeLover429

Oh well I wont be breeding them but I'm only getting one AA and an Extreme from this years clutches. Would it be ok to breed my Extreme to my AA? (If I were to change my mind and get a female)

tora

I'm not sure who the father is of the AA's are, but it is an extreme so you might want to double check that they don't have the same daddy.

WildlifeLover429

tora said:
I'm not sure who the father is of the AA's are, but it is an extreme so you might want to double check that they don't have the same daddy.

I'm not really planning on breeding though :) It was just a curious question just in case I get a female and change my mind in the future. Thanks for the quick answer though :)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well blizard is the father of the AA's, just for future references the AA's would be related to all extreme clutches except snowXsleet, just in case down the line you did decide to breed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan