• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeling uneasy about purchasing a tegu

C_mart9211

I've been emailing TeguTerra, (Johnny?) back and forth and asked for newer pictures of the tegus and he said he can't do that, and that made me feel uneasy about the whole thing. He said he had too many customers to do that, but that shouldn't really matter, I guess it's easier for him, but you should always try to make a customer happy. If he doesn't send out pictures what's to say that he even has any of them? He could just take my money and not send me the tegu, or he could send me one that's deformed, or he could send me one that he knows is going to die soon. If anyone could maybe give me an opinion or something on this, it'd be very helpful.
Thank you

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I wouldn't buy from someone who won't send you pictures of the animals.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Maybe TeguTerra's concern is that he can't send out individual pics of tegus and have people hand pick animals?? just a thought.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I feel like he should be able to do that to please a customer though. I guess it's his business and his decision but if it were me I would take the additional few minutes it would take to photograph individual animals.

the_cw

I'm not commenting on whether it's right or wrong, but that's relatively standard practice with big breeders.

Murkve

C_mart9211 said:
I've been emailing TeguTerra, (Johnny?) back and forth and asked for newer pictures of the tegus and he said he can't do that, and that made me feel uneasy about the whole thing. He said he had too many customers to do that, but that shouldn't really matter, I guess it's easier for him, but you should always try to make a customer happy. If he doesn't send out pictures what's to say that he even has any of them? He could just take my money and not send me the tegu, or he could send me one that's deformed, or he could send me one that he knows is going to die soon. If anyone could maybe give me an opinion or something on this, it'd be very helpful.
Thank you

Do what you think is best - listen to your gut. I first contacted a breeder named Ty Park as my first contact. He couldn't tell me about the individual animals and couldn't even send me individual pictures. I chose to go somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, I've heard wonderful things about Ty, but I wanted a companion, not a product.

Then I contacted Laura here on the boards - couldn't be happier!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu