• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding small tegu’s

Bobo9

i Just purchased my Red tegu I’m buying him crickets today what other live prey can I feed him to help him grow he is 5 months at most.

Tizzay89

You will spend a small fortune on live insects. I treat mine with crickets n worms but feed mainly with organ meat from chicken or Turkey mixed with egg n fruit. Hand feed fresh salmon other days. Others do primo dog food but.. I save that for my dogs lol.

Keep in mind if you feed like say crickets you must make sure it eats them all as crickets can eat your tegu. Worms should have heads crushed as it is possible that they wont digest fast enough and the worm can eat through the stomach. Super n meal worms not sure on horned. It is recommended that u feed wax as they have a softer exoskeleton

Bobo9

You will spend a small fortune on live insects. I treat mine with crickets n worms but feed mainly with organ meat from chicken or Turkey mixed with egg n fruit. Hand feed fresh salmon other days. Others do primo dog food but.. I save that for my dogs lol.

Keep in mind if you feed like say crickets you must make sure it eats them all as crickets can eat your tegu. Worms should have heads crushed as it is possible that they wont digest fast enough and the worm can eat through the stomach. Super n meal worms not sure on horned. It is recommended that u feed wax as they have a softer exoskeleton
she is still kinda small how long b4 did you start giving chicken turkey and fruits

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A suggesrion- Order aporopriately-sized frozen/thawed mice as pinkies and hoppers. Shake in bag of calcium powder and serve!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980