• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding question?

burke0000

5 Year Member
I know on bobbys care sheet says to feed the tegu out of the cage, but is that just for mice,crickets,etc. or for non animal form food like eggs and ground turkey. I know this is also a stupid question but you serve the turkey raw, correct?

Thanks

AB^

5 Year Member
Any food that gets a tegu excited (which varies between individual animals) can potentially lead to an (to most keepers perceptions) unfavorable feeding response, however some people (such as myself) still feed in the cage. As long as you can break the human/food association you should be alright. I dont know about other people, but I always feed the turkey raw.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Turkey raw. I feed fruits & veggie in and all meats out of the cage, because raw turkey & rodents tend to "attract" substrate which I don't want them ingesting.

Last night I was feeding some turkey balls and they would drop 1 or 2 and the substrate was sticking all over it. I had to reach in and pull the substrate out of their mouths before they swallowed it (dangerous!!). 2 of them actually spit out the substrate (good!!).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029