• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

FEE FII FOE STUMP!!!!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its giant time lol, some updated pics of storm, i was hoping he would hit 3' by hibernation, he surpassed that already lol, im thinking he may hit 4' before hibernation lol, he is currently 39-40"(13" svl) and im guessing about 7-10lbs(very heavy)
im also noticing during free roam time he often comes to me and get a scratch on the head or a rub on the jowls lol

2004-12-31233633.jpg

2004-12-31230952.jpg

2004-12-31224711.jpg

2011-06-26163009.jpg

2004-12-31231530.jpg

Kebechet

Beautiful! :) Looks like he's about the same size as Link is right now. I'm constantly amazed at how quickly they grow!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks everyone, I really expected both of them to be smaller since they hibernated 5-6 mos. But they fooled me lol, cant believe this was storm almost a year ago

DSC_0400.jpg

herpgirl2510 said:
Maybe my he is a she.

Not unless females get buttons and leave sperm plugs lol

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He went down in september too but he woke up in late febuary, i couldnt feel his buttons til he was about 2.5-3' but i could see the large scales, which is what confused me about rayne cause his looked the same but never raised up

herpgirl2510

He does pop his "jowels" although females may also do that. I know the person requested a male and femal unrelated pair from Bobby. The female died early in hibernation that is why he sold me Chevy.

CrankbaitJedi

Growth spurts on these things are insane. I wish I did a better job of keeping up with pics. Molloch is now 40 inches plus and she just got huge in a blink.

Incredible animals all!!!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Females dont jowl pop, thats a male thing, i havent seen storm do it yet, i did have a male red do it

herpgirl2510

I am so happy that so far they get along fine. I do think that chevy the little guy dominates over tonka by trying to lay on him. Sometimes Tonka is fine with it other times he moves away. That is why I am nervous to get another tegu I don't want to stir things up.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Rayne and storm do the same thing, i dont know if its a dominance thing, like beardies, but most times rayne is the one on top, i dont think it should be a problem with the new guy(if you get him) i just wouldnt let them meet til he was at least 1.5-2'

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Question for those with 2 Y/O+ giants do you think i should seperate storm from Rayne before hibernation Im 75% sure Rayne is a female and Dont want to stress her out if storm tries to breed with her before she is ready, there arent any problems so far but i want to be prepared just in case

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu