• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

eye watering

i have had maroon for little under a week and i have noticed she had one eye watering it couldnt be respiratory infection because that would be both eyes does anyone know whats happening 2 her

tommyboy

Any chance there is some debris in there? I had an iguana years ago that had a watery eye. After a week it became slightly discolored and oozed a little puss. Brought him to the vet who said it was a simple infection. He gave him a shot and some ointment for the eye. Within a week he was good as new.
How bad does it look? Can you post a pic?

AP27

If it's an infection a 50/50 honey/water mix can help clear it up. Honey has antibacterial properties. I did this for my leopard gecko when she had an eye infection and it cleared it up in a week. If you think its an infection you can give that a try. Mix the honey in boiling water then cool it and apply it 4 times a day with an eye dropper. And if its not an infection, the honey won't cause any harm. If there is some debris in there it may also help flush it out.

AP27 said:
If it's an infection a 50/50 honey/water mix can help clear it up. Honey has antibacterial properties. I did this for my leopard gecko when she had an eye infection and it cleared it up in a week. If you think its an infection you can give that a try. Mix the honey in boiling water then cool it and apply it 4 times a day with an eye dropper. And if its not an infection, the honey won't cause any harm. If there is some debris in there it may also help flush it out.

thanks i will try that

Dana C

You might also check the substrate, as if it is a bit dusty, particulate matter may have gotten in his eye.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980