• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Extreme Pics!!!

jmiles50

5 Year Member
So I saw a great post about best pics the other day. I wanna start a new one. The only reason is because I'm so interested in the Ex Giants I wanna see everyone's pics :!: I've seen Bobby's adults, but it doesn't seem like I've seen many other adult pics. Are there any other members with ADULT Giant pics :?:

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There are no more adults in the US, the oldest babies out of these will not be 2 until June or July.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here are some of the oldest babies:

Attachments

• be8.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 6
  • DSCN4749.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 2
  • DSCN3872.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 4
  • DSCN3870.JPG

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Very nice looking Tegus. Boy iI can't get over all the white. What are the difference ion these and the High White ones Bert used to raise. I can see that they have more white. But Berts had a lot of whie in the face . Do you know the ones I am mentioning?

Markie

5 Year Member
Beautiful tegus! I didn't realize it had only been a couple of years that you had offered them for sale.. wow. Lol.

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
Hey Bobby don't mean to steal the post, but I have a question what is the average SVL of a 2 year old Chacoan. I got my guy and he was severly stunted so I wanna know how much he has caught up to the other "normal" 2 year olds recently. He's missing about half his tail so the whole length with tail doesnt help. lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Harveysherps said:
Very nice looking Tegus. Boy iI can't get over all the white. What are the difference ion these and the High White ones Bert used to raise. I can see that they have more white. But Berts had a lot of whie in the face . Do you know the ones I am mentioning?

Everything is different, I have white heads, or higher white normals, they are not even close to being the same animals. One very big difference is the egg size and weight. The normal egg weight is 16 grams, the Extreme egg weight is 26 grams, that is a 10 gram difference in egg weight.

DSCN0945.jpg

normal_DSCN1341.jpg

normal_Chaco20hatch.jpg

Here is something else when I compared them, the head shape:

This is a giant, note the more pointed nose:
DSCN4109.jpg

And a normal note the more round nose:
DSCN4097.jpg

Giant note the croc like head:
DSCN4106.jpg

Normal note the more round head and the shape of the eye:
DSCN4100.jpg

I was going with the V, and it is found in most of the giants, about 85% of them, but all of them do not have it. But you can see from the pics above that they are very different.

222223.jpg

DSCN3520.jpg

DSCN3519.jpg

DSCN3512.jpg

DSCN3481E.jpg

Bert never had any tegus like this, these are by far the largest of all the tegus.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Can't argue with that . LOL Thanks for the info. I've always wondered that. His were more Black with a white face. Which was cool But I like yours better. That big male is awesome.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here are more shots:

Attachments

• DSCN4266.JPG
  • DSCN4266w.JPG
    512 bytes · Views: 3

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lizardboy101 said:
Hey Bobby don't mean to steal the post, but I have a question what is the average SVL of a 2 year old Chacoan. I got my guy and he was severly stunted so I wanna know how much he has caught up to the other "normal" 2 year olds recently. He's missing about half his tail so the whole length with tail doesnt help. lol

Mine are about three feet long before hibernation this past season.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Yeah but the eggs prove it all to me. Man look how much bigger the eggs of the Extremes are. If that isn't a clear sign of proof nothing is in my eyes.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Harveysherps said:
Yeah but the eggs prove it all to me. Man look how much bigger the eggs of the Extremes are. If that isn't a clear sign of proof nothing is in my eyes.
Ain't that the truth!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980