• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Extreme housed with red

First Time Tegu

5 Year Member
I am highly considering getting one of Bobby's extremes, I currently have a Red...I don't know if it is a male or female yet it is fairly small still (about 12 inches). It appears to be growing some male features so for now lets say it is a male.

My questions are... Do you think a 12 inch red will live and strive alongside an argentine red in a 7x3x3 enclosure given proper lighting/food/hides? If they are both males would they still get along? Also as adults would the 7x3x3 enclosure still be ok for them?

Any additional comments/concerns would be appreciated

Beasty

5 Year Member
8 x 4 x 4 would be preferable when grown.
That size would only house one of them "comfortably" and that's with getting them out to play often.

reppinREPS

5 Year Member
I actually have my 3 month argentine red and my new baby Extreme housed together in my 8x2x2 enclosure. I can tell you just with experience with my other lizards, that if you have happy lizards, you can put them together, meaning, kind of how you mentioned, you need to have at least 1 hide each, 1 spot to bask each, and for sure you need to keep their tummys full. Actually, the red I got was from someone random at a reptile show, his attitude is not as good as the Varnyard stock, and I actually noticed my new little Teya, thats what I'm calling her, has actually rubbed off some of her tameness to my little red. Hes letting me pet him longer now and he is getting braver... Keep in mind they are babies too, when they get bigger I am sure I will have to seperate, but they will be ok for some time!
6610_520444309670_139902822_31040252_3026264_n.jpg

6610_520444314660_139902822_31040253_4054641_n.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu