• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Extreme Giant question..

cashmoney24

Hi there,

I got Merle last summer from Bobby, and he was sold to me as an Extreme Giant. However, upon looking at several pictures of these guys posted on here and on other websites, I'm not sure that he is, as he really doesn't have as much white as the other ones I have seen. Im starting to think he is just a regular Argentine. Anyway, I wanted to get your guys opinions. Also, when he is on my lap, and starts sniffing my shirt and licking rapidly, does that mean I am about to be bit? He does this sometimes, and it gets me worried.

Tannaros

For what I've seen marketed as Extreme Giants - no, yours does not resemble what I'm used to. That isn't to say it couldn't come from the same line that Bobby called Extremes and just have a different coloration.

As for the licking - I've found that sometimes my tegu becomes very interested in my feet if I'm wearing socks and begins to root around them and flicking her tongue pretty rapidly. Most of the time she just becomes disinterested, and seems to ignore my feet entirely if I'm not wearing socks. I've noticed that if the sock fetish tegu begins tilting her head that's a pretty much guaranteed sign she's going to try a taste test of something.

cashmoney24

Thanks for your response. He seems to like to play with stuff. He has a water jug cap that he loves to play with whenever i have him out. I just hope he doesn't get tired of it and decide to chew on me! He kind of nuzzles his head into me, which makes me think I'm going to get nibbled on.

Do you think he looks more like a regular Argentine? I'm fine with that. I like him just the same...wait a second...that would suck because I paid for a Giant. Seeing what happened with Bobby last year I'm grateful to have gotten anything!

He does look like a male, right???

Liz Herrera

DSCF0018.jpg

This is a extreme female, some are more peachy.
You might have a female, but i'm not a expert.

Anyway you have a beautiful tegu!

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Watch when the poop if u see him put out plugs thwn u got a male

from Samsung Galaxy S3

cashmoney24

I have to say, looking at other pictures of giants, the color on my guy isn't so great :(. None the less, he is still my guy though!

Im pretty sure he is a male... I think i saw the plugs and I think I felt the ("bebes") by his vent

jtrux

5 Year Member
I wouldn't sweat it either way. The only real difference is the lighter coloration, size and temperament are the same whether it's a Chacoan or not. He looks great, you should be proud of him.

cashmoney24

Hey there, a little update on Merle. What do you all think now? Boy or girl? I think I see the little bb's in the last pic, along with what I think is a plug. Let me know!

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
That's a male from wat I see but the plug u won't see until he goes to the bathroom u will see them vome out after he poops and pees

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Logie_Bear

Did Bobby tell you the hatchdate?

Were you in the first 2 groups of people that got the extremes or the third group that got theirs very late after all the Varnyard chaos?

cashmoney24

He didn't tell me the hatch date. I actually received him about a year ago...the end of september to be exact, but I had been going back and forth with him since early August 2012. Why was heir an issue with any of the clutches?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do you feel the bb's? Still looks like a female - but if you feel the bb's, then it's a male.

Everything else looks like female.

Logie_Bear

He didn't tell me the hatch date. I actually received him about a year ago...the end of september to be exact, but I had been going back and forth with him since early August 2012. Why was heir an issue with any of the clutches?

ppl who got the 3rd batch of extremes all seem to have gotten reg b/ws. but you do have a very beautiful tegu there either way. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980