• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Extreme Giant first shed. Have some questions. (Pics)

Richard21

5 Year Member
So Neo shed yesterday. But not complete I can't find the rest of his shed. But I can tell he did shed it off. Anyone knows where the rest of the shed could be? Here some pics too.

IMG00156.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

And this is all the shed I can find. Is this a good shed?

IMG00159.jpg

AWD247

5 Year Member
Thats a pretty good shed, thats how mine was looking today.
hopefully it all comes off. It should be around there somewhere

cornking4

5 Year Member
Mine didn't release his tail shed, and I can't quite coax it off... It's starting to peel now :doh so hopefully he can get it off next shed... :fc

Richard21

5 Year Member
Thank guys. I was just a little worried because I could not find his head shed or and other pieces. Also I would like to know other tegus owners out there how many times does your tegu shed? Every week, two weeks?

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
lookin good bro that is a good shed. lol I kepted the sheds off my GUs like I kepted my daughters first haircuts. I guess im a proud dad lol both GUs & kids.

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
Richard21 said:
Haha thanks Gottegus. I feel you bro I kept his first shed in this little box lol kinda strange. :-D

lol well my kids hair go in there baby books. and the GU sheds lol go in the GU journal with dates and size. like i said proud dad. little nuts maybe ?
JD

wyattroa

5 Year Member
my tegu sheds a little funny as well...Her shed starts at the base of her tail were it comes off the body.. the tail will shed first and then the shed goes up the rest of the body towards the head...she has never had a problem shedding and has done this from when i first got her...she is finishing up her third shed right now.
robert

Richard21

5 Year Member
GOT_TEGUS said:
Richard21 said:
Haha thanks Gottegus. I feel you bro I kept his first shed in this little box lol kinda strange. :-D

lol well my kids hair go in there baby books. and the GU sheds lol go in the GU journal with dates and size. like i said proud dad. little nuts maybe ?
JD

Haha thats prefectly normal.

whoru said:
my columbian sheds about every 2 weeks

Thank you whoru, I wonder if there is any difference between shedding with Normal arg and columbians.

wyattroa said:
my tegu sheds a little funny as well...Her shed starts at the base of her tail were it comes off the body.. the tail will shed first and then the shed goes up the rest of the body towards the head...she has never had a problem shedding and has done this from when i first got her...she is finishing up her third shed right now.
robert

Thats funny because my little guy starts to shed the same way. Third shed wow. She must be getting big .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu