• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Exo terra solar glo 125 watt

RobK.

I though i would get one to put in the green house over my Rhino cage when the sun is not coming through the roof . Its putting out 158 mw of uvb at 12'' . So far !! also Bob Mac at reptileuv finally answered my e-mail BUT he is sending me a USED bulb . as a replacement being they don't have any bulbs everything is on backorder till who know when and they are in a law suite against solar raptor .

from bob .

''Robert, your beef is with Solar Raptor, not me. I got screwed a lot more then you could ever imagine.

below is a letter i wrote to a Doctor i'm very good friends with that suggested i just replace all the bad bulbs. they got the picture pretty quick.

I am sending you one of my original Mega-Rays. its used. its one of only 2 left in the world. i doubt that it will "cure" your ig, but they have been known to perform miracles.

best of luck with your pet. do you mind sharing what the vet has told you so far? maybe i can give you some direction.

best,

bobmac

"lets just picture this.....the bill from Stephan was 35,000$ (of which most were bad bulbs) and the shipping was 9800$. the cost of shipping one bulb here in the US is now about 15$ not counting the shipping material or labor. What do you figure it would cost to replace all of Stephans bulbs? its not my brown box bulbs that gave us the problem (with the exception of a small order just before Raptor).

Solar Raptor is responsible for replacing their bulbs. Stephan managed to get a judgment against "reptile uv research inc" for the full cost of the bulbs because i didn't have a lawyer. and this even though the sheriffs office confiscated 500pcs of the good 220volt bulbs and 700 bad 100wt 120volt bulbs so he got 1200 bulbs back. this is no different then if LLL Reptile bought 35000$ worth of bad Zoomed bulbs. the only difference is that LLL and ZM are both in this country and ZM would be forced with very little investment to cover the LLL loss. the lawyer i did find after this quoted me 15,000$ and guaranteed me that they could reverse the judgment and pursue the suite in Germany and recover my "proved" loses because of stephans product. i dont have that kind of money Fran.

I feel the best i can do is let my clients know that Solar Raptor has screwed us and them and that RUV will do our best to help cover the costs of their loss with discounts as time and money allow. there is no way to cover the costs of this magnitude with my finances or lack of."

To all our dearly valued customers;

We would like to keep everyone informed with the
progress involved with getting the replacements covered.
The Solar Raptor Mega-Ray™ is the first partnership that Reptile UV
has ever had involved in our business. Solar raptor (ECONLUX)
is a distributor and not a manufacturer. ECONLUX was the company that had
the bulbs manufactured. our involvement in the process was to make sure
that the engineers understood what we expected from any bulb that carried
the Mega-Ray™ name.

At this time ECONLUX and Reptile UV are involved in a lawsuit. ECONLUX is claiming
that we did not pay for the lamps that obviously were no good to start with. we have also
become aware that the factory knew that there was a problem with the 120v version of this
lamp. We would like to explain again that the engineering and the light quality that the
lamp produced is the best in the world. But unfortunately if the bulb will not stand up to
continual use we end up with allot of frustrated customers and in the end has cost ReptileUV
in excess of $100,000 USD, as well as our reputation our reputation.

In time ReptileUV will cover your replacement if ECONLUX refuses to cover their faulty product.
We are asking all our customers to contact ECONLUX directly to get replacements for thier product
that obviously did not meet our expectations of longevity. You are probably one of our customers
that has already had your lamp replaced several times, and because of that you can see why
we feel its the responsibility of ECONLUX to replace any pre-existing or future lamps that has
their name on it.

You can reach ECONLUX directly at [email protected]
At this point ECONLUX no longer has permission to use our trademarked(™) name
as they have done enough damage to our reputation.

We are in the process of developing a hand-made American Mega-Ray™ very close to our original
Mega-Ray™, as well as a overseas product version. As always light quality is the most important aspect
of the Mega-Ray™ bulb.

Very Sincerely,
The Reptile UV Staff

Maro1

I did love the original Mega-Ray. i hope sometime they get it all straightened out an produce the quality they once had.

Maro1

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I still am using 160 watt mega ray bulbs there 4months old and still going strong lol,that sucks they had all them problems with the bulbs.Also the problems they caused for customers.I too hope they start making the original Mega-Ray i like them too there are my favorite bulbs,now not sure what im going to use once my megaray burnout,prolly repti sun 10.0 fluorescent bulb they are my favorite second choice.

RobK.

only real beef i have is it look me 4 months to get a reply !! And they still will not address my back order i have on a 5000k compact full spectrum bulb . I have since got one for less than half there price , and in three days . I hope someone else comes out with a good bulb to give maga ray some completion . Today the power-sun is putting out 100 MW of UVB . sure varies from day to day and how long it been on . I bet by this afternoon it will be back around 18-25 MW of UVB . So far i am not impressed with any MVB's .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.