• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Esmeralda and the Petco Reptile Rally

Logie_Bear

This is a little late in posting, but I've had a really busy last couple of weekends! Last saturday, our local Petco (may have been a national event tho?) hosted a reptile rally for folks to bring in some of their critters and they also had some really great sales. I'm always up for an opportunity to socialize Ezzy a bit and get her used to strangers touching and holding her so we were definitely going to make an appearance. As I was getting ready that morning, I realized that the t-rex leash that Ezzy had fit into just last week was now too small! It only fit over one beefy little arm, but it was still secure enough to wear to the rally (we picked up a new harness there, but she is still a bit small for it). I live in a fairly small town, so there were only a few folks that came out but we had a lot of fun and there were two little boys there that really enjoyed getting to meet my lil gu-gal. :)

Here are our pics from the event!

IMAG0548.jpg

Relaxing on the car ride over to the rally

IMAG0549.jpg

Ezzy browsing the sales of the day. :p

IMAG0550.jpg

Meeting new people and making new friends

IMAG0553.jpg

I'm so proud of how well behaved she was!

IMAG0554.jpg

"Ok, Mom, I'm done here! Let's go home!"

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:):) Looks like you guys had a great time! Nice job exposing people to tegus - the way it should be done. I bet people loved him!

jtrux

5 Year Member
That's awesome. Do you take her out in public often? She sure appeared calm.

Logie_Bear

That's awesome. Do you take her out in public often? She sure appeared calm.

I try to take her out and about when possible. She is currently in between harnesses and her old one wont fit over her beefy little arms and her new one is too easy to slip out of. I need to fatten her up so it fits and I can take her out more. :) She does really well with meeting folks and letting them pet her, but she gets really frustrated with being held and wants to walk around on the ground more than being in my arms. It's a work in progress. I've worked on socializing her since about month 2 of having her so she's fairly used to new people and places.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan