• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Enclosures and paint.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You can use any type of nontoxic water proof latex paint, but make sure it is totaly dry. A week to cure and totaly dry, would be best. If you use the water proof, then there is no need for a sealer, but you can seal the cracks with clear aquarium silicone. If you want to use the polyurethane, just keep in mind that it needs to be totaly dry, but I don't use it at all. The nontoxic water proof latex Has worked just fine for me.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
To be honest bobby, I just use Latex Exterior House paint. Normal house paint at that.

All paint is toxic in liquid form, but when dried, won't have any effect on anything touching it. Though if it peals, then you may.

Thats why you must strip and repaint your cages every 1-2 years. No big deal because its good to do this to any cage whether it has non-toxic or regular paint, it may peal.

I use normal bathroom silicone putty when sealing my cages. Works just fine after its dried.

olympus

5 Year Member
I used polyshade, it is a combination of polyurithane and a wood finish in both and also has the outdoor protection from sun rays and humidity.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I used Exterior Latex paint also. 2 coats over 1 coat of Kilz. Joints sealed with Silicone II. I cover 3 walls with mylar background you would use for an aquarium.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
I used Exterior Latex paint also. 2 coats over 1 coat of Kilz. Joints sealed with Silicone II. I cover 3 walls with mylar background you would use for an aquarium.

Holy crap, thats exactly what I do, you've been looking at my tutorial havent you :wink: :p :p

olympus

5 Year Member
I used a background too. By the way your tutorial was hot I was very impressed and it was extremely helpful.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
DaveDragon said:

Holy crap, thats exactly what I do, you've been looking at my tutorial havent you :wink: :p :p
How did you know???!!! :lol:

You may have been banned from "that other" site but you were still an influence. It's wasteland now. :roll:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980