• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

enclosure setup for yearling

Matt Date

I apologize if this has been brought up previously. I wasn't able to see anything to this nature. I recently bought a yearling Colombian Tegu ( Labeled as an Argentine). It was surrendered after the previous owner's cat bit the end of "her" tail off. She was cared for by a vet and only has a scar and some deformity at the end of "her' tail.

My question is first when I took her out of the cage at the store I let her calm down and she allowed me to pick her up. At the store she had a very sparse cage and now I have given her a fully furnished wonderland. I previously fostered an adult Red Tegu and fed out of the cage as many here suggest. My concern is that I would be having to dig her out of the cage to feed her. I have let her "settle" for a little over a week and get used to me being in the reptile room and her cage. I have been feeding her in the cage by leaving food items, which she takes when she thinks I left the room. Am I better off taking some of the things out of the cage so she is forced to interact with me? I am trying to keep her stress free, but also don't want her becoming aggressive over her territory. I have read that they will become more and more shy by letting them hide all the time.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus