• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Enclosure FAQ

Schnab

5 Year Member
Dino's been growing remarkably fast and is showing no sign of hibernation. We've upgraded him to a 40 gallon, but it's the biggest we have at the moment. We are making him a custom enclosure definitely, but what would be the best way to go? I was thinking of using hardwood with water-repellant varnish, but I was told that the wood would still get moldy.

What did you guys use for your enclosures, and how did it turn out for you?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=345

I need to take some updated pics.

My enclosure are built in 2 pieces so the can go through a door and be final assembled in the room. The bottom section used sheet vinyl (got it on clearance for $18!) which is glued down and sealed in the vertical corners. It will hold water. The substrate only contacts the vinyl.

See the link above for more details.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029