• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

eletrical

brad67

5 Year Member
i have an 18 in. flourescent fixture which i want to use for my tegu tank but it has a starter so it wont work on a timer does anyone know how to convert it to a regular light? i was thinking of using a reptisun 10.0 bulb with it.

jjollie

5 Year Member
yes it will work on a timer my does anyway . if you want to up grade you have to get a electronic ballast. just so you know I am a electrician

jor71

5 Year Member
I believe it should work, as previously mentioned.

BTW, I am not an electrician, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DaRealJoker said:
Repti-Sun 10.0 is a desert light Like for Beardies, A 5.0 is more suited

It's all subjective to your cage design.

If you are using a screen in between the tegu and the light source, definitely use a 10.0. Screens filter out up to 66+% of UVB.

Also, use a 10.0 if you plan on having the light source further than 12" away from your tegu.

I personally use a 10.0 as do a lot of other keepers on here. The 5.0 is not enough in my opinion.

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
oh really? awesome I have another cage I need to light up, just got today. I'll do that then. Perfect. Also 5.0's are hard to get here, but 10's are everywhere nice and thanks
I had asked alot of people what was the right light and they all said 5.0 and even some care sheets said so too. I have a 5.0 in my tank but it's mounted low and inside his tank he never messes with it, only checked it out once and moved on. Great to know thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.