• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Edumacate me please.

Mkulu

5 Year Member
Is an extreme giant, Whitehead/chacoan, and chacoan white giant all the same lizard :crazy . Sorry, but to a ROOKIE its a bit confusing :doh . I have ruled out the red, think I want a blue but need to know more about these. I have 2 beardies (my wife loves them surprizingly, kids not surprizing) and a Pacman frog, but I want more of a connection to a pet.

Kazzy

5 Year Member
Well, Chacoans, Chacoan Giants, and Giant tegus are all the same.
White Headed tegus are just Arg. Black and White tegus with an especially white head (it's a morph).

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Extreme giants are not normal Argentine black and white tegus; they are much different in many ways. Different in color, pattern, scalation, size, and even shape.

White heads are not a morph, they are just one of the colors found in the Normal Argentine Black and Whites. Normals can range from almost solid white to almost solid black, and every shade in between. The lighter colored normals, as in what some call white heads can change color over time and become very dark, or just the other way around. Tegus can and do change color throughout their life.

Morph = Mutation, there is nothing mutated about a normal tegu, and that is all a whiter tegu is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980