• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dumb question...

KSTAR

5 Year Member
i have knowledge of the different types of tegus but...is there any difference between argentine black and whites and white head tegus? i hear people talking about white headed tegus..but is there a difference besides coloration? :?:

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
"Extremes are in my opinion a different local of the Argentine black and white, however without DNA testing or a proper scale count it could also be found to be a separate species than the normal black and whites.

These animals can reach over 60 inches and well over 20 pounds in weight and by far the largest of all the tegus. "
- Bobby Hill

KSTAR

5 Year Member
i thought white headed tegus werent extreme giants...? i thought they just had different coloration to them..like the white head..looks like i didnt know lol..well thanks for filling me in :-D

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It depends who you buy it from. Bobby is the only person breeding the "Extreme Giants". If you buy a Whited Headed Tegu from someone else it's probably just a regular Argentine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.