• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

DRY IGUANA FOOD ??

RobK.

i give mine a few Mazuri every day . Has and one tried this ??

Quote ''
Walkabout Farm Iguana Growth Mix -
Ingredients Information:
The first ingredient listed is clover. The next several ingredients are blossoms from various types of plants. The ingredients also include carrot, egg and kelp.
Nutritional information:
17% protein (min), 18% fiber (min), 3% fat (max), 11% moisture (max)
Comments:
Of all the prepared commercial foods available, this is by far the best at this time. The ingredients include many good plant foods, and no artificial flavors, colors or fillers. Although eggs are not a recommended food for green iguanas, the egg in this formula is a dried egg product from which the fat has been removed. It has also been screened for Salmonella. Walkabout makes several different formulas of iguana foods. Visit their website at http://www.herpnutrition.com for more information.''

from

http://www.greenigsociety.org/commercial.htm

this is interesting !!

http://www.mazuri.com/Reptile-Handmixed-Formulated.htm?Animal=Reptile

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I never used any of the other diets,just mazuri and greens and both my rhino and cuban really like Baby Arugula,watercress,and there both staple greens,i also give them collards mixed in,plus mazuri every day.But i give them greens first and mazuri after,and sometimes green bell peppers,grapes as a treat.But awsome information thx.:)

RobK.

mine is very spoiled and would not eat his greens today . eveytime i came in his room he jumped down off his rock and ran past his greens and to the screen begging/waiting for Mazuri . he's not getting any for a few days as that all he wants now . And if i come in his rom with lunch or dinner he also jumps down and begs for my food .

i need to try some Baby Arugula , he getting tired of collard greens .

RobK.

Maro1 said:
Have you tried turnip greens? Mine love them.

I have never seen any in the stores around here , that i know of . BUT i will keep a closer eye out for them i amy have missed them . Mine hates mustard greens and took one bite and that was it . He normaly pigs out on Collard greens but the last few days has not . He also use to LOVE watercress too , but will not eat it for the last month . Can't buy/find dandelion leaves , the wild ones are all gone for the winter, or covered in snow . Mine will love something for a while them stop . Not a lot of choices of green's around here in N.Utah and especially in the winter and he's making it harder .

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Mine arent a huge fan of turnip greens,or mustards idk,but mine love watercress,chicory,Baby arugula,collards.muzuri lol.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I think ur right laurarfl,almost all the iguanas i've owned slow down to some point,my rhino still eating good lol,but summer he eats like a horse,my cuban hatchling eats less than my rhino.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mine green ig is currently holding out for hibiscus flowers only. He's such a bright orange little crab.

RobK.

laurarfl said:
Mine green ig is currently holding out for hibiscus flowers only. He's such a bright orange little crab.

I have two that are planted outside , but dormant for the winter . next spring and summer i will have leaves and flower . it was 6 deg this morning here . BRRRRRRRRRR But it usually drops below zero sometime in January , for a week or so but not yet . last year - 14 .

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have 5, but they are big and frost keeps nipping them. We had a big freeze a year or two ago that really did them in. Last year was the first year they flowered for me. I need to find a way to feed them this year w/o using chemical fertilizer. Maybe cow manure will work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980