• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Drogon 8 months

thatoneguy

20160202_095839.jpg
Nothing special just thought I would share some new pictures of my Tegu
20160201_103244.jpg

I'll upload some more later, I was having some technical difficulties

Last edited:

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
K. First pic is Jurassic Park search for wayward kids hiding in a kitchen. Last picture is ready for happy lizard dreams! Very beautiful.

thatoneguy

Up until today he has had no interest in fruit, but today he finally ate a strawberry. He also tried to eat pieces of an orange tennis ball the dogs destroyed.

Jrock23

Try to mix the fruit in with other food. He looks like he had a long day of exploring LOL.. passed out

snibborsirk

View attachment 10399 I let him wander and found him stealing the dogs foodView attachment 10400he tucked himself in
Had to stop letting Jack my tegu get around my boxer...she likes to lick him nonstop and Jack finally got mad and bit her tongue while she was slobbering on him!!! Bled like crazy for a few minutes before it stopped. Had to get out the carpet cleaner to clean up the blood - looked like someone got stabbed. Just a friendly reminder that tegus get annoyed occasionally...and they have tiny shark like teeth!

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Snib- bad as the bloody scene may have looked, no doubt, no doubt, Jack showed restraint!! Could've been way worse. So dog knows boundaries. Old saying 'no lickin', no learnin'.

snibborsirk

Walt1 - agreed, he def showed restraint. It was def just a quick nip of a bite to say "leave me alone already" but those darn sharp teeth on the boxers tongue didn't fair well for a few minutes - especially since her tongue was retracting when he nipped her! He doesn't even flinch when the dogs are around him now - he was just tired of the boxer interfering with his free roam time.

BaiYing509

Had to stop letting Jack my tegu get around my boxer...she likes to lick him nonstop and Jack finally got mad and bit her tongue while she was slobbering on him!!! Bled like crazy for a few minutes before it stopped. Had to get out the carpet cleaner to clean up the blood - looked like someone got stabbed. Just a friendly reminder that tegus get annoyed occasionally...and they have tiny shark like teeth!
Oh, poor Duchess! But I bet she will mind her tongue around Jack now. My ferrets gave a similar lesson to my oldest, told him to keep some distance, please! Hope she's ok!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980