• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

does anyone on here have a paraguyan red and white from underground?

kellen.watkins

Just curious if anyone has one I'm seriously considering getting one and have not seen many pics of what they look like thanks all :)

got10

kellen.watkins said:
Just curious if anyone has one I'm seriously considering getting one and have not seen many pics of what they look like thanks all :)

They look like a red tegu . I have had many Gu's and at this time own three reds' One blue and six b/w . And I couldn't tell the locality mine came from nor could I care as long as they are healthy .

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Like said they are red Tegus, and I'll bet they have no proof and probably don't even know if they are really from Paraguay.

kellen.watkins

I don't care where they are from the name to me is a scam personally just wanted to know if ayone had one to get a 2nd perspective, from the pics I've seen from underground I like what I see but at the same time you look at the hybrids they have the ones in the pics aren't green eli was green as can be so I don't have much faith in undergrounds photography

I like the red and white look like I said just wanted to know if someone had one, I used "paraguayan" just to single them out cause I know underground had other reds :)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Same species, I have read that the patterns and shades of red are a little different than the argentine reds. I can see if I can dig up the thread if you'd like. I believe it was one of derekdragons threads.

kellen.watkins

i know which one your talking about he got that at some expo, you guys are killin me lol "disregard the paraguayan" part.... does anyone have one of the 200$ red tegus from underground reptiles lol i just dont wanna call and talk to underground just yet i always get some guy who has no idea what hes talkin about

Basically I'm trying to window shop from the other side of the country lol I like that red and white look the baby has on the ad pic, but it is an ad pic

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some times when you need info it's best to take it to the source but,.. they're just Reds. More Red than black more black than Red doesn't matter it's still a Red tegu. As for Paraguay or Argentine they don't even know,.. if you watch some of the videos they get them confused as well. In one they said they bred a Paraguay with an Argentine but still called it an Argentine.

A couple videos are labeled Paraguay Red but they call it an Argentine in the video. On another video he said he bred a Red/Blue x Blue to get pure Red Albino Tegus. Now,.. how does that happen? No matter how many Reds you breed into it,.. it will still carry genes from both parents and be a hybrid.

Even with a Red x Blue it's easy to say 50/50 but you don't know what percentage of genetics the babies carry from that clutch on.

Which got me thinking about the Het tegus and wondering where do people come up with this stuff.

"Aww Dude,.. I think I might have it,.. it makes perfect since, okay run with me on this. If you eat food you crap out your but right? Yeah " Alright keep with me here it gets a little complicated. If you eat food then crap out your but,. then maybe if you stuck food up your but you would crap out your mouth".

Yep,.. that's the problem,.. we have too many people pulling a Cartman and crapping out of their mouth.

kellen.watkins

red and white red and black purple and blue all irrelevent, i know they are reds just reds the babies have a lot of white i like the way the poster child one looked i was just wondering if someone else has one to compare with the poster child one. some reds have more red some have more black some have more pattern some less ect. im just gonna ask for pics of the parents and call it a day lol

1000StyleZ

I have just purchased a paraguayan red & white tegu from undergound reptiles she's a female and 4 months old with beautiful colorful hues... She dug a den in the substrate and I haven't seen her since yesterday ( I got her yesterday )
But she's very beautiful and I recommend purchasing your tegu from them if you haven't already.

Attachments

• IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

kellen.watkins

Yay lol how big is she at four months? And I've already made up my mind I'm ordering a female tomorrow.

From the pics she looks really small for 4 months, my extreme is pushing 2 feet easy and my hybrid (from underground) if not pushing 2 feet is close

1000StyleZ

She's about 10 inches from nose to tail ...I'm beginning to wrry tho because I haven't seen her in 3 days...today being the 3rd. She actually dug under her water bowl and been there since.

kellen.watkins

Makes me wonder if they even feed their baby tegus or what they feed if they are 4 months old they were born around the same time as bobby's extremes. And I wouldn't worry about not seeing your lil gu he's in a new place and little just offer water and food

If it goes on for a week then she might be going down for hibernation

kellen.watkins

So tomorrow morning I will be picking up my new red tegu :) ill have a trio of little dinosaurs running around lol will post pics tomorrow

kellen.watkins

Lol didn't even think about that, in a few years I can breed my own all americans and keep them all to myself lol jk :)

Still gotta think of a name, nothing too cliche for a red though like pyro pheonix clifford blaze though... anyone got any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980