• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

do sav stop eating around this time

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How old is he? They don't hibernate or completely stop eating. If it's a juvenile, something is definitely wrong with the husbandry. Subadult and adult males on the other hand, do not need to eat every day. Sometimes they will refuse food for one reason or another, but I have never seen this in juveniles.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Somtimes when they are in the blue phase of shedding they will slow down. As long as he isn't acting sick I would worry to much. How big was the last meal you fed him? Savs are tough so as long as you don't just royally screw up . It should be fine. Cooler temps and shorter days will slow there eating once they start to get larger in size. But they usually start back pretty soon.

Joey

5 Year Member
Try monitoring the temperatures to see if there correct if stiil no eating the check if he is crapping if he doesnt crap he doesnt eat if hes not crapping put him in a tub with about 2 inches of warm water they like to crap in warm water

shabazz

5 Year Member
thank u guys. he ate a mouse the last time he ate. and thats what a been feeding him and he used the bathroom last time ate.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
If he is around 2ft long. Then he will start to slow eating. These lizards live a hard life. So I really don't think anything is wrong. Sometimes they just don't want to eat. I don't think it is your fault. They are just 2 tuff for that once they get so big. Unless he is getting cool. I keep a 115 to 120 degree basking spot for mine. Overall temps around 80 to 85. But trust me they are tough and you really have to neglect them to hurt them. I had a male that never saw the dark, never had a UVB bulb, very seldom got vitamins except for Nature's Mist Reptile spray. He is 8 years old and doing well with a friend of mine. I treat mine like snakes and they do great. So don't worry too bad. Until about 3 weeks goes by without eating.

shabazz

5 Year Member
when he gets up i will take so pic. i keep him in a 40g breeder. with a 100 watt, basking light. and it stays about 90f in that spot

Andrzej

5 Year Member
I hope everything is good with your savi, i know that my savi did cool down for the winter, but now is eating good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu