• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dinner in Australia - Snake vs Monitor **graphic**

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DINNER IN AUSTRALIA
These images were forwarded to me with some erroneous info about them being from Arizona. I believe this is a black headed python and a gould's monitor.
Wish i could've seen what led up to this first photo!!

Picture 14.png

Picture 13.png

Picture 12.png

Picture 11.png

Picture 10.png

Picture 9.png

Picture 8.png

Picture 7.png

Wil

5 Year Member
Yep, thats a black head with a sand goanna. It was either a gouldi or flavirufus, can't tell.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Holy cow, I didn't think it was going to get it down!
Things like this make me think of
python.jpg

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Josh said:
rhetoricx WHAT is THAT???

I'm not sure if its real but it was a burmese python that exploded after eating an alligator...
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1006_051006_pythoneatsgator.html

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well I guess its real. I had only seen the picture I never read the article lolol.
I know snakes can eat prey like 1.5x mid section but sometimes I wonder how often things like this happen! Does it vary depending on the snake?

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Snake battles are rarely as exciting as we hope... snake barely moves, barely moves, barely moves OH MY GOD HE GOT HIM!

That photo sequence is pretty old. I saw it a few years ago on a forum with the claims of it being in Arizona... followed by a fairly amusing argument about what and where is was...

But still nice to see again. Snakes are pretty darn impressive animals... although I'm SO glad humans learned to chew in our evolutionary path....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu