• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dietary help needed

Spot the tegu

So my tegu Absolutely absolutely hates any vegetables I give her monster if it’s carrots or cucumber she hates it it there any way I could want to eat her vegetables she loves any meat or fruit she just leaves her vegetables Inc her bowl or buried them ( I’ve found them in the dirt before) I am just wondering?

Lady2Lucky

So one option is to grind / food process veggies with meat, then cook and feed together. Also works well with eggs, raw or cooked as long as the veg is small enough. Another option my red tegu loves is to cover veggies with fish oil.

Also, consider sweeter and softer veg? Mine likes sweet peppers, and kale is easier to mix with shredded/ground meat.

Cookie

I put fruit (banana, strawberry, mango, raspberry, orange, papaya, and apple) fresh or frozen in a food processor and add kale, collard, turnip, and mustard green, and a beet. Then I add amber agave to make it sweet. Then I pour into ice cube trays and freeze. To feed I thaw out a cube or two, and mix it with a raw egg. My tegu laps the whole plate clean. I make big batches that can last me a couple months. Of course I feed protein too

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I like the idea of freezing individual servings, but I don't understand why we need to make it sweeter. I mix my broccoli or whatever veg into ground turkey, making balls. I use the fattier ground turkey (organic where I can get it), and always supplement with fish oil from Costco gels.

Cookie

Individual tastes I'm sure. My tegu wouldn't eat it until I put in the agave. He also doesn't like ground meat mixed with it. He eats that separately.

Lady2Lucky

My Tegu is absolutely in love with oily fish. To the point that we buy cans of mackerel (packed in oil), and he'll eat anything dipped in the oil. Well, almost. Anyway, very convenient for us. Also, the mackerel comes with skin and bones, so good as a natural calcium source.

lisamb21

So my tegu Absolutely absolutely hates any vegetables I give her monster if it’s carrots or cucumber she hates it it there any way I could want to eat her vegetables she loves any meat or fruit she just leaves her vegetables Inc her bowl or buried them ( I’ve found them in the dirt before) I am just wondering?
My Tegu is absolutely in love with oily fish. To the point that we buy cans of mackerel (packed in oil), and he'll eat anything dipped in the oil. Well, almost. Anyway, very convenient for us. Also, the mackerel comes with skin and bones, so good as a natural calcium source.
mine will only eat eggs I get it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me