• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Dexter killed a kitten

Dirtydmc

My wife forgot he was out and roaming. She left the bedroom door open. She and her friend came home to see dexter thrashing a kitten about. He crushed its head and was trying to rip it apart for consumption. Lesson learned. Don't forget that the beast is out. I also double gated the stairs in hopes that he can't get back to the kittens. UHG. Btw, he loves Arizona. Sunshine makes him happy.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Seriously guys??

"Last updated on September 11, 2012

The goal of this site is to provide a venue where the discussion of any and all topics relating to tegus may take place. It is our aim to keep this site family-friendly so that users of ALL age groups may participate.

1. Do not post anything blatantly rude and/or insulting.
2. Spamming and trolling will not be tolerated. Do not post links to other forums.
3. Do not post explicit or otherwise inappropriate material..
4. Refrain from the discussion of any illegal activity.
5. Taunting, berating, or antagonizing moderators and/or staff will not be tolerated. Issues with our 100% volunteer staff can be directed to [email protected] "

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
That's very sad for the kitten. We should all learn from this. Tegus should never mix with any other household pets. For the other animal's safety as well as their own.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
I saw an ad on Craigslist from a guy supposedly running a guinea pig rescue. I told my wife I thought it may be a scam to get free guinea pigs to feed to large reptiles. I would not put it past some people to do things like that.

Dirtydmc

So the kittens have grown more. He still wants them. Thank the gods that they will be leaving soon. He loves his new house. He can roam all 2400 square feet of it and has multiple basking roots in real sunlight. And sorry about the awesome humor. He doesn't care so much about being family friendly. Just wants to eat. I'm all about the beer. He's all about the furry things.

HeatherN

yeah Tarot likes to try to get the button quail we keep through the glass on occasion. my boyfriends is a bird person, and im a reptile person. it really gets him scared, as he has seen what one can do to a small creature. luckily i can usually tell Tarot no and he will comply, if not begrudgingly.

but if there wasnt glass there, it wouldnt matter if i were firing a gun at his feet, he'd destroy those quail.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I let niles roam around on my bed and he sometimes pokes my small dogs with his tongue. Sometimes he looks up at them and moves his head like he wants to get up onto them, haha, which he does to me when he wants to try to climb onto my head...which I discourage, by the way. Do you think it's bad that I let them interact? Because I figured if they got to know each other as he grows then maybe he won't become aggressive with them. Is this wrong?

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Break the head climbing habit asap. Gwangi stiil tries to do it and hei well over 40" now. It is not cute at this point.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Oh I know!!! I remember you telling me that! Haha. I discourage it but he ALWAYS tries. And if on my shoulder he tricks me and climbs up the back of my head!

Dana C

While the picture show Captn' Jack on my head I stopped it but it wasn't easy. I ended up putting a towel over my head and neck when we had our 1 on 1 time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029