• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Desperate need of help!

jtgray

5 Year Member
I have had my tegu now for a month or so and he still doesn't want to settle down. Every time i try to get him out of his enclosure it's a battle. Any ideas??

leoares27

5 Year Member
you gotsta give him time...

really lol, time=love.

patience and time and always go slow. they remember everything. mine is a little over a year old and she still sometimes reverts back to her "back raising" self

mr.king

5 Year Member
dont even worry about it i've had mine for a bit and hes still a bit skiddish i just let him walk around my room and take showers with him so he gets used to my feet moving around him (watch out for the soap in shower) and handle him everyday....also try puttin one of ur warn t-shirts in his hide

Kharnifex

5 Year Member
yea serously, my little giant flips out and tries to bite and whip me at the same time. but my big girl is puppy tame. theres really no getting around the young everyone wants to eat me phase of their lives.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I agree with the rest. It takes time to build trust. How trusting would you be with something 500 times your size. Sometimes it takes months. But Tegus are naturally curious. When he gets over it's scared stage. You will be rewarded with an awesome cool pet. Don't rush it. But don't give up either. It's a wild animal with wild instincts. We haven't had time to breed that out of them yet. LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029