• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Deeper bonding

Tegu Thunder

My 1 1/2 year old female black and white argentine rarely has any aggression problems. However we still don't seem to have the bond I would like us to have. She huffs and puffs when I take her out or try to pet her, even when she is out. She struggles and whips her tail a bit when I pick her up. And she rarely comes up to me for any affection, like I've heard so many tegus have done with their owners. So I'm just looking for some tips on how to build up a better bond with her, were she is more comfortable with me and trusts me. Any tips or suggestions are well appriceated!

snibborsirk

How long have you had her? I've always had good luck with letting them sleep on my lap under a blanket or even just inside my shirt - then rubbing them on and off while they feel safe under cover and also get used to my smell. Hopefully you'll get that bond but there are some tegus that just don't ever become fully comfortable around people. I've had a couple like that over the years and think I prob have one now with my blue/Chacoan cross - she is just totally uncomfortable with being touched. Most become great pals though so hopefully yours will learn to trust you with more time and interaction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980