• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cypress Mulch!?!?

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
I dont agree with conservation groups or animal rights activists.they have thier priorities backwards. whats the impact of the billions of sheets of copy paper made and used each day? whats the impact of all the wood used to build buildings and houses? whats the impact of letting north korea and iran build nuclear weapons? two unstable countries that would sell nukes to the highest bidder can cause alot more damage to the environment than a cypress mulch company. but you dont hear the tree huggers cryin about that do you?

herper9

5 Year Member
They do normally have their own agenda, that is true. We have big issues with them up here in Idaho. The wolves were taken off the Endangered species list... for good reason by the way. And you would have thought you went and slapped all the environmentalists in the face. The wolves were supposed to stay in Yellowstone, don't know how they figured that one. But now can be found in the south of Idaho. I saw one a couple years ago cross the road, and repeatedly caught one in my traps. They're everywhere, but for some reason the environmentalists still feel they're endangered. Oh yeah, Idaho and Wyoming have both opened up a season for wolf. If you can find one.

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
we have the same problem with cyotes in nc. they were released to help control the deer population. now the cyotes are out of control. we can hunt them year round and also use electronic calls.

Reflektr

5 Year Member
Just like the auto insurance companies making a deal with conservation on releasing timber wolves into the wild to control the deer population around Easton, IL... My grandparents have a farm in Easton, and some of their livestock was killed by a timber wolf. My grandma saw one walking up their driveway awhile back in broad daylight. Freaked her out.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Im always interested to hear others opinion about this because I often get sucked into it. Some "enviornmentalist" do make me angry because they think they can prevent every living thing from dying some how...

herper9

5 Year Member
What really cracks me up most of the time is that environmentalists seem to believe that because I hunt, fish, trap, etc. I'm going to just kill everything. I'm going to trap raccoons out of existence, hunt deer out of existence, fish trout out of existence. To this I reply, "What would be the fun in that?"

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
I don't mind people hunting and fishing and all that because, it is completely natural. I have a problem when people go out and hunt and kill endangered animals for stupid resons at that. There is enough farmed animals that nobody needs to eat tiger on a regular basis. And then some idiots try to keep things like lions and tigers and think somehow it's okay... Sometimes all I can do is just nod my head...

Reflektr

5 Year Member
I was watching either Animal Planet or Nat-Geo the other night and they had this show where they go find animals people have made complaints about.This one guy caught a gila monster and safely released it away from civilization. These other 2 guys caught an alligator in this big pond or lake near some kind of a subdivision. After they got it wrangled in the truck, they said it would have to be humanely euthanized...wtf? If it were a wolf, deer, hippo, tiger, zebra, or any other kind of animal, it would get first class tickets to wherever it needed to be that was in its best interest. But since it's an alligator, Cruella DeVille's handbags are more important. Steve Irwin would flip his wig.

herper9

5 Year Member
Yes I've noticed that "animal rights" activists only seem to care about animals of the fuzzy kind. Or really small fish.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
I hate how reptiles often get the short straw. And I agree with you reflektr. Why would they euthinize that lligator if it waas most likely the peoples fault for feeding the thing. Your going to kill it because it was clever? Don't get me wrong I love all animals but reptiles and fish will always have a special place in my heart and it kills me when people are so overwhelmed by fear they treat reptiles like thier awful monsters.

herper9

5 Year Member
I totally agree. I could understand humanely euthanizing the gator if it had attacked someone, even mammals can't get away with that one. But it doesn't sound like it did. Reptiles are treated like Pit Bulls, everyone has a preconceived notion as to what they are like, but it is normally far from the truth!

Reflektr

5 Year Member
Exactly. There are more human deaths and injuries caused by mammals each year, but no one seems to notice that one... It could be just as easy to try and pass some bogus bill banning certain mammals. Reptiles are also incapable of carrying rabies, but who all is aware of that fact?

herper9

5 Year Member
Apparently no one. That bill that is in the House is ridiculous. Has anyone read it? They decided to try and push not only pythonidae, which USARK took down to mean only burms and rocks, (it originally had ball pythons in there, real credible threat), but now they want to add boas to the list of non-importable snakes. Not only that, but the USPCA wants to now add that it should be illegal for interstate travel of these species! What a joke! But it's okay to take wolves from Canada and put them in my backyard. Oh, okay. It's just like the whole 4 inch turtle/tortoise thing. I mean really? Who let's their child put a turtle in their mouth? It is blown out of proportion. Soon we'll all have to deal in green anoles and leopard geckos, because everything else will be too dangerous. You also have to love the scare tactics of the "animal rights' activists. Silly people.

Reflektr

5 Year Member
Yeah, no kidding lol. We're not allowed to have placid exotic animals, but they can release nomadic, ravenous, blood-thirsty killers a few miles from my home. (sorry for the stereotype, but Granny's livestock was murdered...) Some people will never learn... Instead of educating themselves, they feed off of what their congressman lays out for them. That bill was started by Asian carp, and that goofy snake-head fish ... Which can survive just about anywhere. Most of the species we all keep have no chance at surviving United States winters (at least in the majority of the states), let-alone being able to breed and overpopulate an area. How ridiculous.

They're making it out to be a like horror flick or something. Like if you live in Illinois and have one Ionides monitor, if it escapes, it will only begin by terrorizing your neighborhood. Maybe eat the neighbor's cat or purse-mutt. But it doesn't stop there... It finds other possibly released Ionides in the surrounding areas and they begin to breed. ...Or worse...it will breed with a local animal and create a new horrible mutant race. Soon they're spreading like wildfire, causing widespread panic as they wreak havoc acrossed the Midwest... Right? lol.

There's no way they can pass that bill. All non-US-native species would have to go. Most of people's beloved fuzzy puppies and kitties are not native to the United States. Fancy that? And if they're banning because of safety reasons, let's prohibit Sea World from keeping sharks and killer whales. Let's also put a stop to zoos keeping bears. People get mauled in bear enclosures all the time. You could set your watch by it.

People just fear the unknown because it's easier to be afraid than it is to educate.

herper9

5 Year Member
I have to completely agree reflektr. Who knows, maybe your monitor will breed with a bat. Than we'll have flying monitors! lol. Which, let's be quite honest, would actually be kind of cool. Over here in Yellowstone when the wolves were first exterminated the fish and game would kill off the elk to keep their numbers down. Then who comes in and complains about it? Of course the 'mentalists. What happens next? The elk get over populated, disease runs rampant and a bunch of them die. What's better, letting them die from a sickness, slow and painful... or from a nicely placed shot? Nice and quick. Personally I would rather be shot than die from, let's say, the bubonic plague, or even the "dreaded" swine flu. And oh yes, when my burms escape, (or are let loose, haha they'll never know!) in the middle of January, in Idaho, they are going to make their way up to the mountains and start breeding like crazy. Displacing the grizzly bear and mountain lion as top predators.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan