• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

crickets keeping outside?/

adam1120

i just got my 1000 crickets need help keeping them all alive i was wondering if i can keep them outside got them in like 50 gallon tub with lots of veggies. temps are around 95ish or higher put got them under my porch so probly cooler im using no direct sunlight hitting them.

turtlepunk

watch out for ants! i kept some crickets in the garage before they only lasted a couple of days before a bunch of ants got to them! never thought that would happen......

adam1120

ive keeped them outside once but just wasnt a thousand i only had around 100 0r so outside so should i keep them inside ,my room? any tips for keepin the odor down on the crickets??

turtlepunk

im pretty sure they might drive you crazy being inside your room!! the noise, the smell ugh. as for keeping smell down, most of the smell comes from dead and decaying crickets so try to weed out as many of the dead ones as possible

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There isn't really any way to keep the odor or noise down. Do you have a garage you could put them in?

adam1120

nope i dont but i figure it be hotter in a garage than it is outside in my back porch its real shady back there. i need to put more holes in the cricket bin i think only got a few holes and i put them inside i dont want them to die:(

ii got the 3/4 crickets too so no chirping till a few weeks lol

got10

I'de do roaches instead of crickets.
You do know you can hook up a computer cooling fan to the bin to keep it cooler and keep the smell from getting too bad . But i would still use roaches

montana

Dig a hole in a shady spot and put your Rubbermaid in it ..

Put a screen over the top and protect it from to much water ...

That`s how I keep night crawlers only in a leaky old stock tank ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu